Ferrets are one of the few small pets that require regular vaccinations and parasite preventives. Our staff can discuss these special recommendations with you and get your ferret on a regular wellness schedule.
Our knowledgeable staff can walk you through all aspects of the specialized care your pocket pet needs including:
We are available for pre-adoption consults to be sure you are choosing the right species for your family, ensuring that you and your new family member start off on the right foot!
- Cage size and type
- Bedding needs
- Heating requirements
- Optimal lighting
- Appropriate nutrition
- Appropriate human interaction
Diagnostic and Treatment Options
Some of our diagnostic services include:
- Digital X-ray to diagnose bone trauma or disease
- Laboratory testing including blood tests, skin scrapings, and biopsies
- Surgical services including some spay and neuter procedures, mass removals, and dental care for those teeth that don’t stop growing.
- Medications and supplements tailored to the needs of small animals
Support of Veterinary Specialists
In some cases, our veterinarians may feel that your small mammal needs care from a specialist. We are happy to refer these pets to veterinarians that are board certified or who have a focused interest in their specialty fields. If you are interested in learning more,VeterinaryPartner.com has some great resources.